Tuesday, April 1, 2008

The End

If you can, picture me patting myself on my back.
I have really enjoyed the Discover 2.0 program. There are several things that I learned about from this program that I use frequently now. Blogger, MySpace, Facebook, and YouTube, I had used before, but now I use del.icio.us, last.fm, Pandora Radio, and Goodreads as well. I also really enjoyed the Common Craft Show.
I think that Web 2.0 is very important for library staff to be aware of, because it is changing how people find and create information. I found this video through my "Prospective UM MSI Students" Facebook group, and I think it is a really good visual of where information is going.

It is a lot for libraries to keep up with. The best place to start, I think, is to get patrons involved as much as we can.

No comments: