Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Alternative Blogging

I found a tumblr page called "Garfield Minus Garfield" that I had read about in Entertainment Weekly a couple of weeks ago. It's hilarious. I recommend it to anyone who is a human being.
I checked out Twitter and watched the Common Craft show about it. The Common Craft show said that Twitter is what happens between emails and blogs. Twitter is life. It seems like a pretty obsessive thing. I don't know that any of my friends are on it, so I didn't sign up. MySpace and Facebook have similar features. I don't think you are able to look back on old "updates" that they wrote, but I'm not really interested in it.
I like Tumblr. It's very user friendly and even has a little guide to walk you through it. My tumblr is http://rstandal.tumblr.com I also like the clean look of the pages. It seems like a great way to share things you find on the internet more visually than the other ways we've explored. I might continue to use it.

No comments: