Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Podcasts

Okay. After some initial frustration about whether or not I could listen to these podcasts, I am now listening to something called "Library Geeks" which is not, um, interesting. I don't like listening to people talk to each other on the radio when one person is always saying "Hmm..." I added the podcast to my Bloglines anyway. I haven't found Bloglines to be something that I use except when prompted to by the 2.0 blog.
Of the podcast directories, Podcastalley.com was the only one that worked for me. Thanks to John at IT, I learned that I don't need the software to listen to the podcasts, but I can use the links to cut and paste my way to the website of origin and just listen from there.
I can see how podcasts can be a good resource for libraries. From what I saw on Podcastalley.com it looks like there are a lot of libraries who do podcasts on research tips and library/information news. The Friends of the Minneapolis Public Library do podcasts of events they sponsor. I wanted to listen to one in which they talk to Louise Erdrich and her sisters, but you have to download it, so I will probably do it later at home.

No comments: